Thursday, August 17, 2017

My mower won't run


Hi, I bought a mower here yesterday and it won't run.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.  What's happening with the mower?
Well, the cord won't pull.  It's like the engine is seized.
OK, could you show me which mower out here on the floor?
It's this one.
All right, let me pull it out...Do you see these thumb screws at the bottom of the handle?  When you take the mower out of the box, the handle is in storage position.  The mower won't run with the handle like that.  You have to remove these thumbscrews, and then slide the handle out eight inches, and then replace the thumbscrews.  Like this.
I did that.
Oh.  Well let me take a look at it.  Is the mower here?
No it isn't.  What if I just want my money back?
I can do that, but both looking at it and refunding your money require the mower to be here.
NEXT DAY.
Hi, I brought the mower.  It's in my car.
OK, let's get it out and put it on the ground here...Do you see these thumb screws at the bottom of the handle?  When you take the mower out of the box, the handle is in storage position.  The mower won't run with the handle like that.  You have to remove these thumbscrews, and then slide the handle out eight inches, and then replace the thumbscrews.  Like this.
Huh.  Is this in the owners manual?

2 comments: